WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, June 13, 2014

Trying My Hand at Gardening

I am not sure anything will grow, but it has definitely been a good exercise in learning about the process.  I wrote little tags on each row so I can see what grew and what did not. So much for permanent markers. Some washed off in the watering process.  But I do know my romaine lettuce row.  I can hardly wait until the stuff becomes real food.  Next effort is going to the market and buying some lemongrass.  I have heard that if I buy a bundle and plant them into the soil, they will grow and produce more. Wish me luck.
For now, here is the romaine.

And when I am not digging in the soil, my perch on the verandah gives me this view.  

 Path from the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment