WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow is Melting

After another dump of the white stuff it is finally beginning to melt.  I went to the woodpile this morning to gear up for splitting a log.  I can only manage splitting one a day as I tend to miss the mark about 40 times before the splitter actually hits the bloody thing and then actually splits it.  Good exercise no doubt.  While I was out there I heard a whirring overhead.
I looked up, and there above me was a wee tiny humming bird. How on earth did he survive this cold spell?  How on earth does he survive winters here anyway?  He certainly showed me the power of determination.  There must be something here that blooms all year.  These little critters need to eat. I checked, and the species that winters over here are called Annas.

No comments:

Post a Comment