WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, December 3, 2012

Departure Bay Bound

After spending a delightful visit with my friend at the Sunshine Coast, I am now headed for Vancouver Island via Nanoose Bay where I will spend some time with another friend for a few days.  Travel around here is not something that is speedy.  Island Time comes to mind.  Just accept that it will take a bit of time and enjoy the journey.  I took a ferry back to the mainland which allowed me to watch the ferry that I would have liked to be travelling on for this next junket, but nope - I am spending about 1 1/2 hours in Horseshoe Bay terminal as I await the next sailing to the bigger island for the visit there.  What the heck - it is my vacation - so enjoy the slow pace and continue the cool air on my face and the warm cashmere sweaters that are necessary for this like of life.  Last night I thought we would be dining on munchies and bits and bites. To my surprise, Jan produced a feast of lamb shanks and polenta.  Holy crow, I was completely indulged in my love of that food. She is amazing - always remembers what one likes and produces it with a flair.  We sat up until midnight and even sat on the deck looking at where I was heading today, seeing the twinkling lights of Nanaimo.

For my Malaysian friends who are reading, here is a photo of a Totem Pole outside the Horseshoe Bay terminal.  Totem poles are everywhere in this part of the world, and sadly, the locals walk past without acknowledging them as they rush past.  Each pole tells a story. This one tells a story of the great bear.


I wonder what kind of time will be spent catching up with the Irish connection I am visiting now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment