WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

One Week - a Lot of Territory Covered

Back in Vancouver after a whirlwind tour of the island and sunshine coast.  I managed to visit with many friends and spend a day at the university that proved to be extremely productive.  It was so good to catch up with everyone along the way. It was so good to see so much of the island in such a brief time.  I even managed to take in the shop that sells trinkets, toys, tenderloin, and tofu with a roof made of grass where goats keep it groomed without need for mowers or clippers.

With various amounts of indulgences of foods, I would say that the island tour was perfect in that regard.  Lamb shanks, bbq steaks, fish and chips,and even ferry food got me through a week that also produced some more muscle cramps and aches.

Now I sort out the outcome of the university visit.  Getting my application to the Malaysian university in order I look forward to more learning in an arena that I love.  This latest endeavour should take me back to Canada, once completed, with an insightful understanding of Asian culture so that I can possibly teach that intercultural communications program with some true understanding.  Immersed in the cultures has definitely made me realize how egotistical western culture is.  We from the West seem to think we can teach other westerners how to effectively communicate about and with Asian cultures with a book and some learning - but no real immersion in the culture.  I will be back with all of that and more.  My return may be slightly delayed, but return I will.

Now it is time to sell my latest adventure to my family.  Wish me luck.

When I am not doing this



I will be doing this
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment