WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, February 24, 2014

fourth day of snow - no end in sight

Holy crow, we lost power last night, but now back and running.  Some whole cities on the island are without power, so I cannot complain.  Knocking the power line into the property with a tennis ball was clearly a very wise move.  I check it regularly and aim at the line when I see too much snow accumulating on it.  I have to have a good aim, because losing that ball in a snowbank means no more throwing.  Snow keeps falling, covering the trees, the roads, and anything it lands on.  It is really very beautiful to look at, but when you lose your conveniences that you have learned to expect, you tend to be a tad inconvenienced.  Such as it is right now.  I am not trying to be a fashionable country girl these days. Just layers of sweaters, of which I have many, and UGGs on my feet.

Soon I will be able to light a fire. I still cannot burn all day, the firewood delivery will not happen for about a week now.  So, the few logs remaining get to be burned very purposefully - one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment