WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, October 5, 2013

One Week

I have been home for one week and am beginning to feel human again. There is nothing much better than going to bed with a cool room that is not artificially cooled, and being wakened by the sweet voice of a cherub squealing "Hi Nana - I come down?"  Of course I say yes, and those little feet speed to my bedside to grin at me and plant a warm kiss right on my mouth. Her brother  usually comes along, but I have to admit - there is nothing more precious than a two year old and their babbling enthusiasm of life demonstrated with the chatter that spills out the minute they open their eyes for a new day. She was priceless one morning. I had slept in one of my traditional batik sleep dresses that clearly overwhelmed her. Eyes like saucers, the only words that escaped her mouth like a thought instead of a word - beautiful gown.  She is so observant, like all little people. I slept in another batik and although it was nothing like the pattern of the silk blanket I had made for her, the essence of the batik was there and she knew it.  Her interpretation.  Nana's blankie!

Great news. The diver is heading home in a few weeks too. Life cannot get much better than this, at least not for this old bird.  

No comments:

Post a Comment