WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Thought This Was Amusing

Took my colleague out to the metropolis of Kota Tinggi yesterday in preparation for our journey.  We went for one hour hair wash/scalp massage, then fine dining at McD for 'big and tasty' burgers.  After this, we headed to my massage therapy place, but had facials instead of massage.  What a treat.  All this indulgence was for the grand total cost of (hair) RM12, (McD) Rm9, (facial)RM58.  The facial included a neck, back and shoulder massage - compliments of Lina, the massage therapist I often see.  When she entered my room, she announced herself. Hello Miss, is Lina.  I said, 'I know'.  (I could recognize her voice  and accent.) She again said, no, no, is Lina.  I again said "I know". Once more, a bit more frantic, she said, 'is Lina'.  Then I realized she thought I was saying 'no', not 'I know", so I just said 'good',  This satisfied her and we moved on.  After all our indulgences, I stopped by the RM2 store before heading home. I had espied wee tea cups and sauces there last week and thought they were cute.  Last week was Emma's birthday and this weekend she had mentioned how she would love to have tea cups instead of the enormous mugs and vessels commonly used here. So, the antique looking tea cups made in Thailand are now her's compliments of moi, as her birthday present. A grand total of RM 3.60.  Hope there is not too much lead paint in the composition.

Now to finish the packing and await the chariot driven by Zabri, Momar, or Mohammad (whatever he calls himself today) for the first leg of our journey to 'Bali Hai'.


No comments:

Post a Comment