WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

As I awoke to a monsoon style rain (not monsoon season) I read this

A friend in Saskatchewan sent me a picture of the weather there. This is summer in Saskatchewan - a time when farmers count on a little rain and a lot of sun and heat to create the environment to grow their crops to make a living. As I whine about the heavy rain that seems to be determined to fall here, and should not be falling, I see that others in far corners of the world are having the same problems. My rainfall is a burden to bear, as it can mean a drive far out of my way because of flash floods. The Saskies have a bigger problem, it can mean a serious glitch in their finances if farmers cannot make a living.

By the time I wrote this, the rain here stopped. I don't think the Canucks back home were so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment