WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, June 12, 2011

KFC loses to the local market fare

this actually looks like what I made. I am so excited that Ryan introduced me to this one because I no longer have a need to sneak in the back door of KFC for coleslaw.  This stuff is exactly what one needs to replace salads when living in the tropics. I am not sure how I find white (unripe) papaya. The vendor assured me that what I bought was perfect for som tum, and it is. But the ones I saw and ate in Thailand had "white" unripe papaya. Mine, like the photo had the orange flesh of a papaya, but very firm.  Ryan was very clever - he indulged me with ceasar salad, baby organic greens, and various other salads before he ordered this one. I have already made a batch myself since getting home and intend to take it to work with me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment