WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Everyone is so kind to want to send books.

I must tell you all that I will accept books for this library from any of you. Many have asked what kind of books.  I have thought carefully about that question, and know that Dr Seuss, Berenstain, H.A. Rey, and Richard Scarry are the only ones that I think will work here. The children are delighted because they have never seen these books. They are fun, understandable, and good resources for phonetics - a huge need in the English department.

Another thing to keep in mind is cost of delivery.  I have been paying the postage (except for poor Jennifer, who sends at her own cost) BUT, I cant continue to do this. Every Canadian dollar for postage is calculated in ringgits for me, and I am paid in ringgits. That works out to 3x my income.  I know it does not seem like much, but it all adds up at the end of the month. My poor kids will have to support me if I keep doing this.  So please think twice before you get carried away sending books.  They will all be loved and they will all be appreciated.  Now, having said all this, I will complete this post with the books I have at this time, but have another box on the way. Some duplicates are fine, because they tend to be the very popular books and each school would probably love to have one at all times.

DR SEUSS
the foot book
one fish two fish..
green eggs and ham
the cat in the hat
the cat in the hat came back
mr brown can moo
hop on pop
ABC
BERENSTAIN
bears on wheels
the B book
H. A. REY
george takes a job
how many
AL PERKINS
hand hand fingers thumbs
RICHARD SCARRY
little ABC book

SO IF YOU STILL WANT TO SEND BOOKS, THE AUTHORS LISTED ABOVE ARE THE ONES I AM SEEKING. I WILL ADVISE THE MAILING ADDRESS LATER



OTHERS I HAVE ARE:
 IF YOU ARE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT  -  Jane Cabrera

MICKEY’S Halloween Treat – Disney book
THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN WHO SWALLOWED A FLY – Pam Adams

A couple of cardboard books of phonics
I will update my list once the box in transit arrives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment