WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lizard for Levi and some drivel


I am sure all of you are wondering about Gordie and his clan. Well, the update is that he really has become very fond of me – dancing merrily on the patio ceiling when I occasionally visit him in the evening. He and his buddy romp around in circles when they hear the screen door slide open. Of course I always leave the light on in the evening for them – even when I am not out myself. They have learned that the patio is their territory – the living room mine. But, I do know that Gordie himself slips inside occasionally , and that is ok. He keeps all bugs that squeeze through crevices under control.

His cousin, who has claimed the back kitchen, has not warmed up to my presence  - and the feeling is mutual. He understands that I can enter at will to do my laundry. I see him fleeing for his life across the wall, to the window, and then magically slipping through the joint of the sliding panes of glass. Kinda looks yucky to see him flatten himself to that degree, but as long as he leaves when I enter I am happy.  I pay the rent, so I should have some upper hand in this one. Beside, my vacuum cleaner has a workout each week cleaning up behind him.

As I went outside to hang my laundry today, this little gaffer was following me around like a puppy.  He must be one of Gordon’s offsprings. I would almost step on him because he is so tame and like a puppy, does not know that he is in danger by being so close. I’d hate to step on him, it would be like stepping on a grasshopper. Maybe it is a she, not a he. I think I will name her Ghaici. Now to remember it - I made it up so I could easily forget it too.

Internet is not being fair. I may not be able to  upload an image today - thunder and lighning rolling all around my place, and that causes havoc with my connection.  Unlike many of my colleauges - I enjoy the storms - they remind me of cottage days at Katepwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment