WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, February 23, 2012

THE GENEROUS SPIRIT OF CANADIANS

Once again, my Friday was blessed with abundance.  This time, after taking a moment to give my weary dogs (feet) a chance to be revived with my Thai reflexology therapist I arrived home to the Malaysia Pos tooting his horn at me as I began to shut my gate.  I was delighted - the box from Jennifer that was posted MONTHS AGO.  No, not the box, but another one just as precious.

This one was posted from Viet Nam.  My cycling friends who organized a book buying blitz for my kiddies in Malaysia.  But jeepers, when I took the parcel from the man I almost tipped over.  This is not 20 books.  After he left, I cut open the treasures to find probably 60 - 80 books, games, flashcards, teacher resources, and even prizes for the students to earn.  AND, tons of Canadian pens for me. Those I intend to stash in a secret compartment so that I have them to myself.  It will be so much fun to have the senders here to witness the glee when these books are taken to the schools.  (two of the cyclists are coming to visit in 2 days)

Now I know what I will be doing for the next couple of days; making and pasting name plates that indicate the donors to this Ulu Tiram Tavelling Library.


Here is what is in my living room right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment