WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Xiao Bai Cai

well, my spelling of that one was a bit off!  This is the Mandarin word for Bok Choy.  In any case, my lovely neighbour sent her daughters over once again last night with a plateful of Xiao Bai Cai for me because I had mentioned how much I love the stuff.  And definitely prepared far better than I can do.  I really need a lesson in how to do this.  Also a huge jar of cut up fresh pineapple too.  I am not going to starve, that is for sure.
Another message accompanied my treats.  We are apparently without power today. I guess it was very nice of them to warn us, but I wonder how the fridge is going to manage for a 10 am to 6 pm outage?  Guess I will come home to see the answer to that one.  And also hope that it is only that long - and not longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment