WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Crop of little Gordies

I keep trying to remember to keep track of the pattern of new little Gordons. However, the only time  I think of it is when I see a batch of little guys fluttering by my eye bravely - not knowing the 'rules of the house'.  These little invaders do not know what Gordon and I have established as a cohabitation guideline.  Gordon has the run of the house when the lights go out at night; and I have the run of the house during daylight hours. That cusp, when I arise in the morning, is when these little gaffers dance and prance before me without knowing they are not supposed to be there.  Gordon knows his place during those hours - on the ceiling, high on the wall, or outside on the patio roof.  These guys have been spotted dashing up my french doors, seeking cover behind various items hung there when they see my watchful eye, and then cavorting wherever their desires take them - out of my reach.  Guess I need to do a google search and see what the gestation period of a gecko is, and how often they go through that cycle.  Today, two of them were playing tag on my Ronald McDonald poster calendar.I guess I can resolve this invasion by picking up the papers I have strewn about my computer desk. Seems they like this kind of decor for making some sort of nest to hide in.  Note to self - tidy up the computer area.


It's Friday here. A morning with a mentee who is new to teaching. I never have to wonder what the topic I need to address at that school. Any resources, suggestions, or modelling can be done. All are needed and welcomed.  This afternoon, a journey to Batty Pahat for a meeting.

Lats night gave me a giggle. The lack of communications between people never ceases to amaze me. A colleague, who needs to be in Hong Kong this weekend drove to my place after work yesterday. She has left her car at my place and I gave her my 'driver's' number to contact to catch a lift. They arranged a time to meet at my place so he could drive her to Singapore that night in order to catch an early morning flight today.  I explained to her that clear simple messages are crucial. Upon her arrival she advised me that the hotel I used previously (that she arranged with the driver this time) was not available. She had found a different hotel. He arrived; she explained that the hotel was changed; he had no idea where that hotel was.  They would be arriving in the dark, neither knowing the destination, and a GPS that was not loaded with Singapore roads. I quickly printed them a google map and sent them on their way.  Our phones do not work in Singapore. Changi Airport is HUGE. Four terminals that are each the size of a city. Also, for her return trip, she did not know the terminal for the flight arrival. Seems her ticket only stated 'discount terminal'; not a terminal number.  I don't know how they managed last night, but I did think to call them as they were arriving at the border crossing (just before she lost reception) and mentioned that she should ask at the airport which number terminal the discount airlines arrive/depart and then e-mail this information to me, which I will pass on to the driver before he leaves to pick her up.







No comments:

Post a Comment