WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, February 10, 2012

ORIGAMI SHIRTS!

WONDERS never cease.  I taught the students in year one how to make origami shirts after reviewing the 'sh' sound with them. They were able to come up with a huge number of words, correctly spell, and pronouce all sorts of words beginning with and having the 'sh' sound in them.

For fun, I taught them how to make an origami shirt and then add buttons and decorations to these shirts once completed. Even had a student teach another student - which I captured in video too.  Origami shirts are about as advanced as I can manage - so don't be looking for anything beyond that on this blog.

Here are a few of the artist's creations.
 This little guy asked me if I had a boyfriend - when I said 'no', he asked why?  Also advised me that he has a girlfriend. I think he pities me.
Here is the student who then taught other students how to complete the project

 This young lady is one of only 3 girls in the class - always does her work quietly and efficiently
This little guy is a high achiever - like many of these students.  He always knows the answers when asked a question.

I spent about 2 hours trying to make origami pants yesterday when I got home. I think I will give it a pass - I know my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment