WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, February 13, 2012

nothing very new here

Had a visit with the neighbour who began this journey with me over a year ago. He has opted to move into a small concrete apartment somewhere near his schools, so we had a last tea break before he moved.  It has been good for both of us to have a western ally in this foreign land. But equally good to move on and fit into our communities.  I know he will be back for tea breaks again, but also know that he will be driving home, instead of walking out of my gate into his own.  He assures me that he will return to drag my luggage down the stairs when I too vacate.

Valentine's Day here is not celebrated like at home. No little cards for the kids to practice their writing, no chocolate hearts in the shops, no red paper and white paper doilies to make their own Valentines. Poor little gaffers.  Here is one for all of those who did not receive their own today (or tomorrow back home)

No comments:

Post a Comment