WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, February 23, 2012

slow learner, late bloomer, out of step with the world......

I think these can describe me to a certain degree. One thing I constantly do is watch a movie that others watched a couple of decades earlier. Last night was jut one of those. Singapore channels are featuring various Academy Award winner movies and last night's treat was Slumdog Millionaire.  I had always intended to watch it, but never got around to it.  I was determined, even though it did not begin until 10 pm.  I made myself a nest on the sofa and even thought I might just sleep there for the night if I dozed off. There was no dozing. I was dashing to the washroom on a few occasions - at the beginning when I thought I cannot watch this one.  Some little urchin was in a raised outdoor squatter when the village was raided. He knew he had to get out but someone had barred the door shut. Only exit was through the 'hole'.  OMG, my imagination got the best of me when I saw him rise from this pool of you know what. I was gagging, wrenching, and running.  I gave it one more chance after that one, always ready to cover my eyes quickly if needed.  A good length of time passed before the street children were being exploited with drugging them unconscious and then pouring acid into their eyes.  Again to the washroom.  However, after those incidents I am proud to say I stayed there for the entire movie. It was a fabulous movie - for those who have not seen it, make a point of doing so.  I love how he knew so many things. He was simply a very observant person.  I wonder how many of us can claim the same.

Maybe I will get around to watching the pirated movie (I purchased here) of The King's Speech.  I have watched it about 3 times already, but spend too much time laughing over the English subtitles provided in an English speaking movie. They are so amusing because they are never the right words, making them hilarious. If I could figure out how to turn off the subtitles I am sure I would enjoy the intended movie one day.

My latest addiction is watching something called India A Love Story. It seems to be on rather frequently - kind of a Bollywood soap opera. I am fascinated with the scenery and most of all the fact that the visual and audio are out of synch.  Never looks like the people are actually saying what is being said.  And that is what I do for fun in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment