WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, September 21, 2013

12 Hours of Sleep Makes a Difference

I got to my hotel. I had to wait for my room, as they had not quite finished cleaning it by the time I arrived.  Fed rosewater drinks garnished with orchids, I was tempted to eat the orchids, as I had not eaten for a few days due to the frantic pace I was keeping. I restrained myself, and knew I could wait until dinner to nosh. None of the restaurants began service until 6 30, so I returned to the bar where I was given rosewater drinks and had a plate of curly fries and a martini.  Ready to send that martini back, I decided in fairness, I needed to take a sip. It was a cloudy amber colour and I knew I would not like it.  Darn. It was good.  Gin with cinzano apparently. I should have known - over here food and beverage seems to require copious amounts of sugar in order to be consumed.Maybe it was good because I have not had a drink of anything except water or tea for several months. Maybe it was good because I was running on a very low battery. In any case, it was good and went well with the accompaniment of curly fries.  Deciding that was enough sustinance, I went back to my room, and fell into bed at about 5 30 and was lights out by 6 30, so no dinner.  I should have eaten the orchids.  Now 6 am and I think I will survive.  Twelve hours of sleep tends to do that.  There was a fabulous Chinese wedding outdoors last night which I could see from my room. So I guess I can say I have taken in weddings of all three cultures over here.  Some woman belted out the most incredible bunch of songs - a voice like Adele - which did not affect m ability to fall asleep at all.  I have no idea how long this went on, but now before dawn I peered out and all has been cleaned up and back to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment