WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, September 20, 2013

4 am and ready to roll

I will wait for sunrise and then head on the trail to Senai.  My landlords showed up last night and were lovely, bearing gifts.  The mother of the family arrived with her son, and passed an envelope to me. I thanked them and told them I enjoyed living here for the past three years. She spoke to her son in Mandarin. She wanted me to count the money. I said I trust you. She still wanted me to count. I did; she smiled broadly.

One last shower in the home that echoes again, and then figuring out how to get everything I need to take onto a discount airline to KL.  I am sure there is a way - and sure also that ringgits are the language.

Wish me luck on this first leg of the journey.  For now, a couple of photos from one of the school assemblies I attended this week. If you ever want to feel like a rockstar, just hang around a few kids.

I am the one that does not have black hair

No comments:

Post a Comment