WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, November 6, 2011

15 days til I am back

looks like I am looking forward to the trip. Kind of like my own advent calendar for counting down.  Today is only 24 celcius, so that is a good thing. It is getting me ready for what I will be experiencing  'over there'.  This is about 25 degrees lower than what I am accustomed to, so quite a significant drop.  Not quite as cool as my friend's recent trek in Canada though.

I have a friend who took her own adventure trip. Chuchill Manitoba was her destination - polar bears were her focus. What an incredible journey.  Here is one shot she took - from only a few feet away. I asked how she could do this. Apparently, in some kind of a tundra vehicle, you can stand on an outdoor platform (safely) and be only a very short distance from these magnificant creatures. Sadly, the bears are starving as they await the freezing of waters so they can take the trek back north.

I wonder if he is waiting for lunch to appear?












Not sure I would get out of this thing to take a picture - especially with hungry bears in the 'hood

No comments:

Post a Comment