WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, November 17, 2011

quantum leaps

Not being a scientist or mathematician, I am confused. Levi's note said 6 more days. I am here and see 5 more days. But once I travel, does it become 6 days because I seem to go somewhere into the ethers and add a day? Who knows and who cares. I am soon going to travel. I am staying home until the TV repairman comes back. Which means may not get to schools today. But then, if any of you recall the last day of school in Canada is a day that everyone shows up, smiles, leaves and the day is over. Not sure a mentee wants me in that mix anyway. And my TV needs help. Here is the countdown as it stands today.

Date
Day
Notes
Day Count
Days Left
November 13, 2011
Sunday
Asked Jenn if I can play with my friends at end of November – waiting for the answer
1
10
November 14, 2011
Monday
Preschool Convocation Exercises
2
9
November 15, 2011
Tuesday
Work – then travel to Batu Pahat for meeting
3
8
November 16, 2011
Wednesday
‘batty’ Pahat all day, went yesterday and dined on wild boar at a restaurant out in the middle of nowhere near batty.  Stayed with Karen and stayed up way too late. Now again home and counting down the days
4
7
November 17, 2011
Thursday
Not a lot of gecko activity – I must have made an impression. School visits – 3 if I can fit them in, delivering their certificates for the TPD’s
5
6
November 18, 2011
Friday
Waiting today for TV antenna man to come back. Kinda fixed it yesterday and then poof, no more. Muttered something about electricity. Someone senior arriving today.  LEVI wrote me a letter, from his own e-mail account.  Said”I love you”
6
5
November 19, 2011
Saturday
7
4
November 20, 2011
Sunday
8
3
November 21, 2011
Monday
9
2
November 22, 2011
Tuesday
10
1
November 23, 2011
Wednesday
11
0
Now I must finalize my travel to JB. I have decided I will find a lift to JB, change taxis at that point, take a taxi to the international stand in S'pore and then change again to the airport for another cab. Total cost for all that should only be less than RM100.  A far cry from SD100.  I did re-find the limo car in KT and followed him. Managed to ask the question, now just have to call and arrange a time.
Who's excited here?
Carnage in Kota Tinggi seems to have paid off. No roaming geckos or lizards around the house today.
Jeff's tea time last night was because he was without power or water. He never pays his bills and they cut him off. Really - the water bill is only RM5 and the highest electric bill I have had is RM40.  Not exactly enough to break the bank and easy to do - the place is enroute to his work. Lucky for me, he paid the balance yesterday and the power was restored by night. No houseguest for me. I prepay my bills, and they all chatter there when I do.It took about an hour for them to figure out how to set this up - I guess no one does this here.  I am now paid up for a year for the water bill - a grand total of RM60. Did the same for power, although that one can change from month to month, but well ahead of the game now.

No comments:

Post a Comment