WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Kota Tinggi Sunday

I finally managed to stay home and get some housecleaning done today. I kept stalling, and then finally took out the hose and cleaned my patio first. It sparkles and gleams with perfume from the gardenias whafting through the maze of palms, orchids and all else growing beyong my expectations. I have no green thumb, things grow in spite of me. Then tackled the main floor rooms, which seemed to take until dark. My main floor could be a surgery unit. I think it really could, considering the standards I witnessed while a patient here. hee hee

Still have to tackle the upstairs and pile of ironing, but that can be a tomorrow job after work. I have the honour of attending my former preschoolers from SK Mawai convocation. These little people have 'the' hotel in Kota Tinggi booked for the big event. I heard from their teacher that they will be performing "the bear hunt' choral speaking, so I will arm myself with the video camera and proudly film my little gaffers again.  I am thinking this is going to be just like the Christmas pageant when you wonder what the heck the performance will be like because no one knows their lines and misbehaves at all the rehersals, Then on the big day, they shine like the stars.

In the afternoon we have our final Professional Development seminar for the year. I will be pounding the project based learning theme once again. I really want them to be prepared in January. If not, they will find themselves a month or two behind this style of teaching. But I should just trust. They stepped up to the plate for the convention. They will do it again in January.

And that is all I know. Not very interesting. But for someone who seems to only be able to think about November 23rd, it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment