WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I thought it was not possible

Tonight, home from the big meetings, I logged onto the computer to discover that it is worse than Tuesday when I left.  I managed to log on here, but that is about it.

I went to 'batty' on Tuesday afternoon,  stayed with friends there, and went to some organic farm outside the city. This clever man, Changi (I asked him if he owned the airport in Singapore) grows organic vegetables and opened a restaurant  on the farm. Even has Kareoke, which we did not indulge in.  Maybe another time. I love staying at my friend's condo. The view from my bedroom is like a painting. It faces a hill and that hill is a wild jungle. Only thing that separates them from the jungle is a small fence. Not sure who the fence is for. Monkeys or people. But the picture is outstanding. And, again, I forgot to snap a memory of it.  Guess that means I have to go back again.

Had meetings all day today, and was getting my arm twisted to stay over again and go straight to work from there. I almost folded but came to my senses and came home. I know it would have been another late night and I am not good at those and then work too. Driving home, the passenger sideview mirror fell off my car. I heard a 'clunk' and wondered what that was, plus saw something shiny breeze past from the peripheral vision of my left eye. I noticed right away that the mirror was no longer there. My, we have fine vehicles for our use. And the kicker is the doorknobs charge us whenever something goes wrong with the car. Not maintainence, but something like this will somehow become 'my fault'. I think I will plead 'maintanence issue' and see where that takes me. I was probably supposed to know that I should have chewed some bubble gum and reinforced the contact for the mirror.  It is something that needs to be replaced here though, the flippin skooter loons pass you on any side at all, and without that mirror, I can miss one of those doorknobs trying to pass. Probably wont get it done until I return in January.

Two of my friends are leaving for Burma on the weekend. I traipsed through the malls with them as they attempted to prepare for that trip. You can only take cash, only US $ and Burmese currency. The Burmese currency has to be prisine, perfect, and basically new. If not, it is not accepted. You cannot take a cell phone with you, there is no internet ---- I wonder what the attraction is? Karen is having second thoughts now, but has bought the ticket, so now panicked that she does not have enough money. They do not accept credit cards.  I will fill you in when I see her in January to find out about this adventure.

only one week left

Date
Day
Notes
Day Count
Days Left
November 13, 2011
Sunday
Asked Jenn if I can play with my friends at end of November – waiting for the answer
1
10
November 14, 2011
Monday
Preschool Convocation Exercises
2
9
November 15, 2011
Tuesday
Work – then travel to Batu Pahat for meeting
3
8
November 16, 2011
Wednesday
‘batty’ Pahat all day, went yesterday and dined on wild boar at a restaurant out in the middle of nowhere near batty.  Stayed with Karen and stayed up way too late. Now again home and counting down the days
4
7
November 17, 2011
Thursday
5
6
November 18, 2011
Friday
6
5
November 19, 2011
Saturday
7
4
November 20, 2011
Sunday
8
3
November 21, 2011
Monday
9
2
November 22, 2011
Tuesday
10
1
November 23, 2011
Wednesday
11
0


No comments:

Post a Comment