WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, March 23, 2012

Glad it is TGIF

I probably returned to work too early. The doc told me to stay home this week, but I got antsy and returned on Wednesday, with the promise I would go for a blood test for the ever present dengue fever in my system.  Didn't do it today.  Too tired to bother with that. Now, weary, fell asleep on the sofa for a bit and awoke to the music of 'hello' at my gate.  Yeet, being the caregiver and best friend, sent Friday night dinner with her daughters huddled under a bumbershoot as protection from the pounding rain.  Always paying attention, she has sent me three dishes - all of which she knows are my favourite foods.
For today, I will call it Bok Choy, simply because I cannot remember how to spell the correct Mandarin name. If I were to write it phonetically, it would look like this: Chow Pie Chi, (very bad spelling though)
And a plateful of cucumbers alongside that irresistible vegetable curry.

Lucky me.  Bon Apetit
I never knew a potato could taste so heavenly when it has been stewed in curry leaves.  She is going to turn me in to a vegetarian one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment