WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, March 29, 2012

On Tonight's Menu...

A wonderful bowl of steaming cabbage soup with a generous side of Xiao Bai Chai.

I don't know if you who are reading this agree, but a life without vegetables is a life not very good.  If you think about it, eating meat is wonderful, but I could not imagine just eating meat with no vegetables involved.  On the other hand, eating vegetables, if you prepare them as my neighbour does, you don't even miss the meat. Truly.  I tucked immediately into the soup, and was in heaven.  It was a clear, kind of watery event, but the flavour was unlike anything I have slurped back in the past.   Laden with corn chunks and carrots it was fit for a king, or I guess a mentor.   And as always, I make sure no one is around when I nosh on the xiao bay chai. I don't like to share that.  I sure hope I learn how to prepare it like Yeet does. I love the stuff so much I even like my own version.

Of course I put my homemade lentil soup that had been warming on the induction cooker back in the fridge. It will be fine for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment