WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lotus Root for Dinner

Sorry, not a very good photo. Does not do the treat justice!  But I was ravenous last night and the food was there, so one click is all it got.  Lotus root is very tasty. Not sure many neighbours in Canada would look kindly upon me if I pulled the lotus flowers out of their ponds to make dinner. But here they seem to be a dime a dozen.  They are also very good for you. Full of all sorts of nutrients and fiber, and very low in calories.

Drove home today in what I guess would be called a 'white out' in monsoon terms adopted from blizzards back home.  When I travel in these conditions I really try to remember to keep my driver side window up, which I did today, and then just mosey along in the slower lane.  Worked today.  Now in my snuggly clothes I will settle in and get some work done and watch the rain fall on my lovely flowering shrubs.  Nice too knowing I just got a free car wash.  Nature is the only car wash I take advantage of here.  I take the attitude that if my car looks uncared for, it will also look unappealing to those who like to take things from an unattended car. That also works.

No comments:

Post a Comment