WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Deepak Chopra and Meditation for Children



I had my television on today and Dr. Oz was on.  Deepak Chopra was a guest.  Of course, everyone knows he is a master of meditation, but today he gave a brilliant piece of information regarding teaching children how to meditate.  I wish I knew this when I had small children.

He was asked how does one teach a child how to meditate and at what age.  His answer - he explained that when his own children reached the age of five he had them practice being silent for five minutes.  Then, when they celebrated their sixth birthday, they practiced being silent for six minutes. By the time they were ten, they loved the feeling during the silence and the feeling produced after the silence. There was never any difficulty or strain to try to meditate. They had been doing it without knowing since they were five.  And as any parent knows, that five minute time out for a child of five is a perfect way to bring them down from a hectic day of playing and learning.

I wonder if I will be allowed to practice this with my grandson when I visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment