WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Port Pics



I have never been to a port like this one. Probably most of you have not either, so here is what I saw.  I was not able to witness the training but probably glad I wasn't.  Not sure I want to ponder the fact that a helicopter carrying someone I love would need evacuation procedures for emergency escape.  When the day ended, we met in the canteen and then headed back to Kota Tinggi.  I think Ry was preparing to take a picture of my while I took one of him.  

I think too, that we were a very clever team finding the training location with very little help from madam GPS, google maps, and live humans.  Of course, MS. GPS was very efficient for me for my return pickup after the massage. Only because I had found the location and programmed it into the device.  I still scratch my head while I wonder what good is this thing if I have to find the location myself, feed it to the device, and then hope that I will need it again in the future.  The thing is - I don't usually need the guidance after I have found something once - I tend to manage on my own.  Maybe one day Malaysia will be able to market a GPS device that actually has some information programmed in it before you buy it.

Today is end of visit for my house guest. He has been a delight, the time has been too short.  He has also seen how I live during a work week - not exactly spic and span. But we did have fun, at least I did.   I feel very fortunate that I have had 2 visits from him with a short time span between.  That is something a mother looks forward to wherever they are on the globe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment