WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, September 1, 2012

National Day in Malaysia

My amie, Emma came to stay over this weekend because we had yet another vacation. Friday was a celebration I guess like Canada Day here. We did nothing at all except watch the tube and talk a great deal. Stayed up way to late each night but enjoyed the visit.  Today, when she left, I took her for the 1 1/2 hour hair wash and blow dry.  Always a delight, and not disappointed, she left saying she needed a Starbuck's to get some caffeine into her system for the trip home.  We really planned on going to JB for a fancy schmancy dinner at least once, but did not get out of the living room.  Movie nights were just what we wanted.

When I got back from my hair wash, I had a huge sack of something propped at my patio door. One of my my Kota Tinggi friends had left a large sack of vitals with a note explaining she wanted to share her Kenduri with me. Kenduri is a feast that friends and family gather together to share during festive occasions, such as National Day.  Unfortunately, she is leaving for K L now so cannot join in.  And as Emma has left, I think I will just lock the gate and nosh on the goodies for the next couple of days and not have to cook.  What the heck I did entertain and cook for my company for 3 days!

Now I am going to settle in and watch some of the movies that Em and I swapped on the weekend so we could view a  new batch of drivel while alone.

For your entertainment, here are a couple of funny fowards I received in my e-mail box. I think they are very clever. Sorry if it offends any married people, I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment