WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, September 20, 2012

TGIF, HWYS, MONSOONS & ROADBLOCKS

Yes, it is Friday. Finally.  There have been roadblocks on the highways daily for some reason or other, so I guess I must brace myself for another reason today.  Yesterday it was on the short strip of pre-highway before I got onto the main road.  Once again, the curve led to a congestion of cars and trucks all stopped.  The fellow directly in front of me stopped, and lucky for me that I leave a gap, he put his car in reverse and began speeding backwards toward me.  I must say he is a skilled driver; he managed to dodge me very nicely and continued on his way in reverse, into traffic coming toward him, at almost the same speed as we normally drive forwards.  Once I got to the roadblock I saw the clump of polis cars and many men in black with flags waving all of us down.  They normally take a look at me and wave me on, but today, they flagged me over as well.  They looked inside my car, looked directly at me, motioning that I take off my sunglasses, and then waved me on.  I thought about what I should have maybe said to them. (The dude in front of me frantically getting out of that queue and going elsewhere)  They were clearly looking for someone, perhaps more than one, but someone was on their hit list that day.   I decided against volunteering the information because I would likely still be there now if I had attempted to do so.  I wonder why that guy did not want to meet up with them?  Guess that is something I will not know.

As for the drive home - floods on the highway.  It has clearly become monsoon season early. That area that floods is a regular occurrence these days and I really don't enjoy it.  A few face-fulls of water because I always forget to close my driver side window when huge semis rush by left me gasping for air on several occasions as well.  By the time I got home - sunshine and hot without a trace of what I just came through.  My car dripping and shiny clean was very much an oddity here.

One more day and I can stay home for a few. Now off to wow the teachers at their conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment