WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Look At This

Look at this for a pomegranate.  It is just a mass of seeds and juice!  I went back to the shop and bought 10 more!  They are incredible.  I have never had better pomegranates ever before. If you are in Canada, you will have to look for the ones from India.  Maybe you too will get the little treats.  I rounded out the shopping trip with a sack of honey mangoes and two papayas.  I should have a rather nice feast of fruits this week.

A lot of the foods are not very appetizing here, but once in a while you get a treat like this and have to share.I also have to admit that I can have a bag of mangoes any day of the week for about RM5 for 1 or 2 kilos.  That works out to less than $2.00.  I think the papayas set me back for a grand total of RM10.  The pomegranates were pricey.  Everyone thought I was mad when I bought them. They cost RM100.  A lot of dough in these parts of the woods. But I figured about 3 bucks a piece is tolerable considering the treat. (I did figure that out right, didn't I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment