WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You Gotta Get Out of This Place

If you are old enough to know this song by the Animals, then you are old enough to know that I need to do just that.  I am thinking that there are more things that annoy me than things that give me joy.

The latest:  The overhead power lines screech at a high pitched noise to the point that I feel like sticking a knife in my ears.  Just when I am looking for a knife, the sound stops. Just as I feel I can survive, the bloody noise begins again. The only thing I can figure out is my google search for this, and moisture or condensation on these lines can cause some arcs or something akin and the noise begins. Well of course I can expect this to drive me crazy for quite some time. It is so bloody humid here I need squeegies to clear my eyes.

I was ill in August - pneumonia - picked up at the schools - and had to stay home for a week. Our lovely health care system here does not give medical leave for more than 2 days at a time. So, ill as I was, I had drag my weary a** out of bed and get another extension for the medical leave.  Now I must get these documents to the company office. Postal system here is corrupt beyond belief.  I sent the documents via the national courier service which is trackable and accountable. Ya, sure.  I checked with the office to see if they received the documents. No.  They were sent a week ago and they are guaranteed overnight.  Ya, sure.  I checked the tracking number. It indicates delivered. The office said they do not have them. So, now what?  Who cares.

Colleagues will use any excuse to not work. Latest is quite something. Kind of like the dog ate my homework.  Award winning excuse: I had to go home (except they never left home) because there was a flood in the house. First, how would they know if there was a flood - no one would call to advise this. Second, the houses never really flood - the floors go up and the floors go down, just for that reason, and every room has a drain hole so that a flood cannot occur.  Bad choice.


More defensive driving questions:
When doing roadwork on a highway just after a blind curve in the road it is really interesting to not post any signs indicating that there is only one lane ahead  because the two lanes of race car speedway have to merge into one lane and that is
(a) fun to watch
(b) extremely dangerous
(c) cost effective because no signs are needed or workers to place them

And the usual - staying very close to the car ahead of you is a brilliant idea at night.
(a) you save your headlights because you do not have to turn on your own
(b) is there any other answer?

the next part of the song in the title is if it's the last thing you ever do!





No comments:

Post a Comment