WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A New Year Begins!



Nice to have all these events that mark a new year behind us. I forgot that although it is not a raucous event here in Malaysia, Chinese New Year does take its toll.  I probably had about 2 hours sleep last night.  They politely popped fireworks all night long - sounding much like a popcorn popper in a giant way.  On occasion, just when you think you can cope with that, massive explosions, much like a war zone erupt outside your home, and the sky lights up with brilliant colours. Other than that, it was a quiet night. I would have been better off doing as many of my colleagues did.  They treated the night as it if were NYE in North America, and now are sawing logs for the day.  I, on the other hand, will wander around in a blur today, and try to catch forty winks here and there, because I did not party hardy last night.

I think this garfield cartoon expresses how I feel today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment