WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Regrets?

I read today that a survey of people in a retirement centre were asked the question if they had any regrets.  The number one answer to the question was "I regret not living the life I wanted to live and only lived the life others expected me to live".

My own life followed that path for too many years.  When I finally took the rudder to steer my life independently, I soon learned that I could do whatever I wanted to do.  I just had to figure out how.  This was an odd lesson to apply to my own life so late when I was the one who kept telling my off springs that the world was at their feet waiting for them to explore.  Well, although I am not far from that survey group, I have been exploring.  I also have the support and pride (so I have been told) that I am exploring very well.  That means the world to me. I also know now that I will not have the number one regret according to the survey.

My advice to anyone reading this is to keep exploring, keep learning and you can be sure you will keep young for as long as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment