WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Awas Jalan Rosak.....already?

the title means - caution, damaged road.
During my absence, the roads to and from JB were repaired with new topcoats and LINES painted too.  All in the preparation for the election. All countries are the same. The government in power woos the voters with whatever they think will entice them to vote for them. Unlike what I know, this country has been playing that game since I arrived. I am now into my third year of living here. I know the government in my country would not play that hand out game for that long. Sadly, these guys do a pitch patch job of roads, which results in decay before you can blink. Those smooth new surfaces have quickly become the familiar pot holes of the past.  Today I saw a sign Awas Jalan Rosak - after I fell into the pot hole which was filled with rain, giving me no opportunity to know if its existence.

But the best was coming home and seeing a few pylons and three men waving us around the event, while a little man crouched on the highway, chinking away at the surface with a chisel and hammer. I am guessing that the three flag wavers will have a job for the rest of the week at least, while that little guy chinks away at the pavement to prepare it for a new rake job to the surface.  Not even a mallet - a hammer!




No comments:

Post a Comment