WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Why I am Here - The Latest Literacy Wall Chart for Children

I will have to see if I can round up one of these wall charts again, and take a better photo.  I was pressed for time, and wanted a quick copy of what I was horrified to see.  The lucky mentee only paid RM1 for the chart. I can understand why.  What is the concern, is she used it in the classroom as a tool to aid the students in learning English.

There are sentences below each picture and word description of what the picture is.  However, the sentences are usually not sentences at all, and when they are close to a sentence, the words are spelled incorrectly.  Feast your eyes on the chart and see if you can see anything wrong with any of them with the limited view that you have.


So, here is the wall chart, but unfortunately, you cannot see all the spelling and grammar errors for yourself.


Here is a closeup of some of the pictures and words to describe.  Look at the rocking horse. The word above is spelled cocdlhorse.  What?  Then, below is a picture of students playing with plasticine. This one was better - but spelled plasticene.  Oops again.  But probably the best is the last picture. The word above it is peashooter. You know those straw things that kids blow a pea through? Does that machine gun picture describe a peashooter? I don't think so.  

So, now coming into the homestretch of the contract, I am wondering just how much learning was accomplished with my presence.  What I do know, is I am needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment