WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, February 1, 2013

Highway Police Checks Here

I have been driving home from work each day for the past three weeks and have to go through a police check each day. This means vehicles racing to the single lane to be FIRST, each time.  I have yet to see anyone pulled over, or actually even stopped at these checks, so have no idea what they are checking for.  I have asked around, and get the head bobble, and wrist wiggle, and perhaps a few words such as 'also don't know' for an explanation.

I have nicely practiced my never make eye contact with the driver to my right. But usually I fold - I cannot give myself the grief that accompanies this attitude for the sake of not letting all the morons into the line ahead of me.  Especially when the moron is a giant semi.  Besides, it is only an extra minute or two before I get on my way again.

If anyone reading this knows the reason for these checks, when they might end, or any information at all, please leave a message here so I can anticipate a normal drive home. Normal? What am I saying? There is no normal here.


No comments:

Post a Comment