WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Gun? with a Parasol

Well, we had our Pizza Hut feast, then had a taxi follow us home to my place. You cannot take a taxi here by calling one. They expect you to come to the taxi stand and then follow you home to pick you up.  I am sure this must be logical - but I am afraid I don't really get it. Anyway, we followed the rules, and then they picked up Jeff's luggage and off he went.

As we returned to my parked car, there was the Parasol lady beside the car. Jeff spoke to her and told her he was leaving Malaysia. She had no idea who he was and looked very confused. I approached and instantly she got the connection.  Asked if we could take a photo with her but she declined.  She remembered my name, and reminded me of her's "Gun".  She asked if we could be friends. Sure.

Anyway, as she slipped around a corner I quickly took a shot. We know who she is.The lady in the pink vest.


I am going to miss our regular tea party dates.  It was a good time to gossip, chat, laugh and remember the fun and funny times we had in Malaysia.  A new friend that got to know me better than many of my friends back home; and I, him simply because we only had each other in a foreign land in a community of strangers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment