WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gecko Invasion

Yes, the baby geckos are dashing about and I am prepared for them. Now, having figured out the pattern, I have a plan.  They are not quick moving, and because they are so small, I have managed to have dust pans and brooms installed around the house.  When I see one, I brush it into the dust pan and then run as best I can to the patio door and toss them out on the patio.  It seems to be working.

Who knows, one day I might even pick one of the little critters up with bare hands. But not now.

Here is what I contend with. Not a photo I took - one from online. But it gives you an idea of who is invading my space and just how tiny they are.  I stepped on one by accident yesterday. I felt terrible - but I am sure he felt worse. Nothing left but a spat of something on the floor. Definitely not a broom and dust pan solution.  Confirms to me that wearing shoes at all times in the house is must!


No comments:

Post a Comment