WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, August 20, 2012

I don't like gardening any longer

I have never claimed to be a gardener. Whenever I saw a worm in the soil I would toss everything and go back in the house. Here, I am getting tired of everything growing in spite of my attention. My outer garden looks like a jungle. The pots grow into each other - they are beautiful but I need to constantly deal with this. The patio garden grows out of control. I spent a few hours yesterday after going back to the plant place to get bigger pots, more soil, and more sand.  I have learned the ratio. You need 3 bags of sand to one bag of soil.  Finally figured that out when I watched plants thrive and then wilt into a slimy mess.  They need sand in order to survive all this humidity. I repotted four plants yesterday and already today they are growing into mini trees.  One wandering vine sort of thing has rooted itself into another pot that I repotted yesterday. Now I guess they have to live beside each other forever.

It is lovely to look at by wow I didn't know it would be such a lot of work. I needed a shower after doing that gardening.  So, that is what I am doing for my vacation this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment