WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

still have not lost my sense of humour

Thought I would let you know that as a jet setter, I fail miserably.  I was so tired when I checked into the hotel that the desk clerk said, just go to your room, we can talk in the morning. (he was trying to tell me the various amenities available to me).  So, off I trudged, and hit the up button for the lift.  I got in, and hit 2, but discovered I hit the basement 2, and was taken to the bowels of the earth. Quick to repair that one, I kept hitting 2, but nothing happened.  I kept going to the mail floor. A nice cleaner man came to my rescue, and with no English helped me. He knew exactly what I did not do. I had to slip my key card into the elevator keypad in order for the room floors to be accessed. Then, to the room. You have to slip the key card into a slot in order to have any electricity in the rooms. I knew that, but I kept hitting every wrong switch and nothing happened. No light. Thank God for the window. Some street light helped me navigate the room. Early this morning I heard my doorbell. I did somehow manage to turn on a switch asking the maids to make up my room. arghhh.  No electricity - because I had the key card in the slot backwards.

But I think this last item exceeds all other entries here.  I needed to nosh. I went to the lift to go to breakfast and kept hitting the down button. SIx elevators in the bank and none were arriving to my floor. I could not find the stairs.  But it was interesting to see windows appear randomly that showed a beautiful scene of the outdoor area of this complex. I was sure those windows were not there a minute ago, but did not question them as I am still groggy. Turns out these windows were glass elevators that opened frequently - each time I hit the down button to get a lift to my floor. Is that not the best entry yet?

Makes you wonder how the heck I managed to find my way to Vancouver does't it?  Now I think I will find my way to the bath tub and soak before I have to give up the keycard.  I had a rain shower this morning, now time for a soak.

New Year's Eve is soon upon us. The taxi driver told me Singapore does it up big, and then even bigger for Chinese New Year. I recall last year for Chinese New Year, it takes about a week to get the firework displays out of their systems, culminating in a fire bomb that convinced me I was in a war zone.  Stay tuned. And while I am thinking of it, Happy 2012 - may your desires be your reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment