WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, December 2, 2011

Yes there is a Santa Claus

I spent a bit of time on the Sunshine Coast with a friend this week. My goal in coming to Canada was to gather books for my travelling library in Malaysia. Wow, did I gather books! Jan brought me several from a friend on her return trip from Victoria. She ask contributed several herself. I managed to buy a few in Sechelt, so now have a total of 40+ books to bring back.  Not sure how I am gonna do this, I am hoping that Air Canada will be generous considering the reason for the baggage. If not, I guess I pay the piper.
So, the magic of Christmas has spread its wings and given me exactly what I came here to find. I also think I have a great school on the coast that will take part in my pen pal program with Malaysian students. A perfect fit; I think, as both are rural rain forest schools.
As for photo uploads - if I could figure out how to load this blackberry desk top manager to the mac you would see none other than another feast at my friend's home before I journeyed back to Vancouver. But can't seem to figure out how to make these two devices to speak to each other. My time is not my own here, I am the nanny of sorts, so will have to figure out that stuff back in SE Asia. For now, you can see the beautiful sunset we watched while dining on cheeses, cold cuts, olives, and marinated veggies.
Not  so shabby huh? Waterfront living here is quite spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment