WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, December 26, 2011

Why does your dog always know what you are thinking?

Do dogs and children just allow their intuition work and therefore know what 'is'?

I sat with my grandson in the kitchen today and asked if he wanted to watch the 'hungry caterpillar' dvd I brought for him.  One of my mentees made an animation with the narration in Malay. I knew he would like it - he knows the story, and language is not necessary to understand when you watch this.  We watched a few times and I said 'Levi, this is your's and you can watch it with your mom when Nana goes back to Malaysia". His reply was 'I don't want it. And he said it very firmly and with a very angry face.  I asked him why he was angry.  He said I am NOT Angry, I am sad.   What a wise little boy.  What he was able to express at his tender age of 3 years took his Nana about 40 years to understand that she actually had different feelings.  He has a wonderful mother to be able to teach him that he has all these feelings and know how to identify them himself.

I leave tomorrow morning for Malaysia, and it has been a very unsettling day around the house today.  Finally my daughter and I just fell into each other's arms and wept.  Of course I was flattered - she will actually miss me.  But God how it hurts when I still know I will leave tomorrow.  I do not think we have held each other as tightly as we did tonight since she was a little girl who just needed her mom for something or other.  So we stood and leaned on each other and it was as if we were invisible to the rest of the family.  Somehow we were allowed to weep openly without upsetting the children who were only steps away from us. Our own private  time to be sad.  I guess the wisdom of children shines through once more. They fly into and out of these emotions a million times a day. They cleanse their souls, and open their hearts to allow love and good things to continue to flow.  I guess we were just being wise children tonight. But it was not easy, and will be less so tomorrow at the airport.

However, I feel better about leaving knowing that Levi will look after his mother because he will know the right words to say to help her understand her feelings.  She might look like she is angry, but he will remind her that she is just sad.  And then they will plan a trip to visit me. Or me them. In any case, it is like the cowboy song - this is just adios and not good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment