WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, January 16, 2012

For those I did not see in Canada, I am sorry

I know that I was excited about rekindling friendships back home on my recent journey there. But, the 35 days I had here were a blur. If you were in earshot of me and I had a minute, we got to play. If not, it did not happen.

What I did have there was a warm inviting circle of family that embraced my presence like a child holding a teddy bear.  I was covered in drooling kisses, outstretched arms, and books in my hands.  Occasional actual conversations with the mother of these little beauties even happened.  And the few people that took time from their own lives to entertain me and take me into their homes, I thank all of you. For the ones that the time did not work out for us, I will be back.  And for all of you, please come to visit me here.  I now know what it feels like when I keep asking for someone to come to visit and it falls on deaf ears because the journey is too great to undertake.  But my offer is sincere. I would love to see any of you here in my home so I can share what I know and experience in this wonderful land I briefly call home.

Today after work I am entertaining some local friends I have in my life. We are having tea together along with a chocolate cake one brought to me yesterday and was too polite or too shy to come in at that time. Since coming home I have had several new friends drop in to welcome me back.  I did not realize that I have that sort of relationship with local people, and love knowing that I do.  Fitting in here is what this journey is all about.

Now off to work in the 'better' car. I am kind of hoping they lose my old one and forget what they have given me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment