WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, January 21, 2012

gong xi fa cai


Today is the day that has been the cause of insane traffic everywhere, long lineups for everything, and gifts of Mandarin oranges presented to me constantly.  Now, I have to say, I do love these Mandarin oranges. As my family knows, I can't stand them at home. But I think that they must have sent all the ones unsuitable to North America, and saved these juicy, sweet delights for themselves. I have been eating them constantly.  Much bigger, juicer, and sweeter than any I have ever consumed in the past.


The year of the dragon is said to bring prosperity and good health to anyone who has a dragon in their home. Maybe some couples might interpret this as the 'wife'. I, on the other hand have bought some little dragons, while I was stranded in Hong Kong, and have been giving them out to my Chinese friends when I see them.  Now I guess it is time to hang one in my own in my house, assuring the prosperity and good health promised. And of course as a back up, I could always dress up Gordon in a dragon suit and consider him my token dragon too. I am not sure he would sit still long enough for the fitting, but he is close enough in my mind to look  like a mini dragon just as he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment