WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who the Heck Needs a Gym?

When you work at this place, a gym membership is not necessary.  I went to a classroom that was at the top of these series of stairs, and the classroom was on the top (3rd) floor of the uppermost building.  I haven't done that climb for a few months, but if I keep it up, I should be able to stay fit enough to  continue wearing the dress in the previous photo.

Here is what some do on a daily basis; several times a day climbing and descending throughout the day.
This series of stairs is above the canteen, AFTER, you have climbed the initial stairs from the parking lot.
If you look at the bottom stair, you will see there is inconsistency with the risers - frequently different heights along the way.  I guess the climber's proprioception adjusts once you do it frequently enough. But for me, focus is needed to raise and lower the legs to the appropriate height each step.

I didn't bother counting these - breathing was more on my mind at that time.

Once I caught my breath on the somewhat level path, up I went to the final building,  and then climbed the stairs to the room on the top floor.  I think I have a new respect for the teachers who haul  books, supplies, materials, and themselves up there daily. Remember, it is hot here too!

You can be sure that I choose very carefully what I will take with me on that trek, and double check that I have everything I need before I begin. Today I am going to another school that is completely under construction.  I am amazed at how they all adjust to the fact that there really are no real rooms; only a construction site where the rooms formerly were.  Somehow, it does not affect the learning there.  I'll click a few pictures there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment