WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gigantic Green Mangos


Ok, I stand corrected yet again.  Yesterday at the wet market I stopped in to pick up some of those incredible big juicy yellow mangos. Sadly, they have finished their cycle for this year, so was prepared to go home mango-less.  My buddy tried to entice me to buy the huge green ones. No way, Jose, I know what I think of green mangos.  Wrong again sunshine.  He gave me a taste, and I dragged a sack of them home last night. Even bigger than the yellow ones from last week, these babies weighed in at 1 kilogram each.  That is 2.2 pounds of delight for you who do not know metric weights. It is the size of a small watermelon!




last night's dinner - it was devine!

No comments:

Post a Comment