WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Must be Insane

Tonight I got some text message all in 'not Enlgish'.  I thought I would try to figure it out, so I knew a few words and then went to google help and realized I had an opportunity to win an iPad.  I think I could be an online gambler.  I ended up responding to a million different questions - I love games, and then noticed that the current question/answer had a charge of RM5.  Eeek!  I was being charged for every one of the questions I answered. I always thought people who txt'd answers or votes to things online were morons. I had become a moron.  I have to admit - I had fun. And the dolts that were checking my answers were applauding me and telling me I was so smart - could answer all the questions.  That stroked my ego nicely and kept me going.

I think I spent enough ringgits to have bought a few iPads by the time I figured out I was being charged.  I admit, it crossed my mind that I might have a bill at the end of it all, but the addiction of answering questions was overwhelming.  Besides, I thought, what kind of bill could accumulate in ringgits?  Guess I will find out when the financial department of my company gives me a ringy ding.

When I figured it out, I wisely read the T and C, and immediately txt'd STOP.  It left me kinda sad. No more questions.  I first wrote and said - good bye, this non English is far too exhausting.

Now to bed to let the cell phone charge itself back to life, and to recharge my own batteries for tomorrow.

Bon Nuit

No comments:

Post a Comment