WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Elusive Nail Brush


Ahh, the elusive nail brush.  I have been on the hunt for one for two years. But like everything else I cannot find, I knew I would eventually find one of these little darlings. I did today. I bought two. I now understand why they are so hard to find. Each set me back RM 18.  A sizable fee for the outcome of clean nails. The price tag of RM 18 could feed a family of 9 a healthy meal at a food stall.   My quest took me on a journey to farmasis, RM shops, department and grocery shops, and anything else in between.  I armed myself with hand made drawings of what I wanted,  my pathetic interpretation into their language, and downloads from the Internet to show what I wanted. Each left me empty handed and with the familiar message 'Sorry Miss – it finish, finish'.  This simply means: lets save face together. I will tell you we no longer have them, and you can believe that we formerly had them but can no longer import them. 

Today, as my usual, I dropped in at a farmasi and looked around. Holy crow. There were 6 or more.  I bought 2. One for each level of the house in two different bathrooms. How decadent!   Sorry, house guests. You will have to borrow from my bathroom upstairs. Or bring your own. 

Now home for the weekend, nails scrubbed enough I could perform surgery, I have frequently tossed my fingers into my field of vision in front of me and admired the nails with their gleaming white undersides staring back at me.  

Driver Education update:
If I am driving in the slow lane at a speed of 80 kph, and you want to drive faster, feel free to move to the faster lane and do so.  There is no need to attach yourself to my rear bumper. Even on a Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment