WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

- 54 -
and can't happen soon enough


Still whining and snivelling. Now seem to have a sinus infection. But did get to the pos laju to mail a parcel to Jenn.  A blouse for her and my certifications and degrees.  It only took about an hour, so I guess things are speeding up.  They would not send it registered because some new law only allows 1 kg to be registered. This was 1.5 kg.  You know, these poor babies cannot lift anything heavier than a fistful nasi lemak, so I understand.  However, their website indicates up to 2 kg, so I disputed.  They finally caved, or maybe just took my money and tossed the package in the trash. Who knows, but I do have a tracking number.  Then they sent me to the express pos because I foolishly asked about sending other bigger parcels.  That bunch had earlier told me they do not send international, but this current bunch said they do. I did not get far there. Everyone there jabbered in Malay, and no English. Finally a nice Chinese girl came in and she translated for me. I think I can do it. I will load up a package and go back when I have the strength to wait around for an English speaking customer who can help me through the process.  

To balance the complaints, I was fortunate to spend 2 hours on hold in order to get the swift code for my bank in Canada.  It is nice to know that everywhere in the world you can expect no service from all industries.  Something that did amuse me was every time I called my bank on the international number when out of country, I was connected to california emergency helicopter services. We were both getting tired of talking to each other after the 4th call to them, and then magically, it went to the right people when I quickly switched the country code back before it dashed over to usa (on its own)for the 5th time.

No comments:

Post a Comment